Wednesday, January 7, 2015

I'M TOO BUSY

24 hours in a day. No more. No less.

I'm too busy translated-

“I Don’t Have Time” is a Big Fat Lie I know we’ve all said it before. We say “I don’t have time” when
life gets busy or when we don’t want to feel guilty about skipping something:
 If we don’t have enough time to work out, it’s easier for us to be okay with wheezing after a
flight of stairs.
 If we don’t have enough time to prepare healthy meals, it’s easier to accept our next unhealthy
meal through a drive-thru window.
 If we don’t have enough time to clean the house, it’s easier to accept living in filth.
 If we don’t have time to apply for new jobs and make new connections, it’s easier to accept
staying in a dead-end job.
It’s not that we don’t have time... It’s that it’s not a priority... Starting today, you are no longer
allowed to utter the words: “I don’t have time”...Instead, you will say, “It’s not a priority.”... Watch
how quickly your perspective shifts when looking at life’s challenges this way:
 “I’d love to work out, I just don’t have time” becomes “exercising isn’t a priority.”
 “I’d love to eat healthier, but I don’t have time to cook” becomes “eating healthy isn’t a
priority.”
 “I don’t have time to travel” becomes “traveling isn’t a priority.“
Suddenly, the excuse of time becomes an incredibly weak argument. Crap. Stings a bit, huh? The real
truth... How you choose to spend your time defines your priorities.  I spent MANY years telling myself
that I wanted to get more lean muscle, but I never seem to find the time.  It wasn’t because I didn’t have
enough time, it’s because I never made it a priority!  After lying to myself for years, I finally started
taking action.
Your priorities, whether you say so or not, are where you choose to spend those hours.  Make the
most of them!  It’s amazing how much time you can find when you minimize the things that aren’t
important to make room for the things that are. Where are you spending your time?  Just like keeping
a food journal can be eye-opening, try tracking your time over the next few days in 30-minute blocks.
How much time do you spend on the computer, watching TV, etc.?  I bet you’ll be surprised. I
challenge you, starting today, to erase the phrase “I don’t have time” from your vocabulary.  Instead,
say “it’s not a priority.”  
soso Joni

No comments: