Friday, April 15, 2016

The spark is back!!!


As many of you know - Spencer was out of swim for a good two months because of a wound on his finger, that would not self heal - had to go in for numerous treatments and could not get it wet. During this time, I was worried that his love for swimming was declining with every day missed. I wanted to get tickets to the Olympic Trials in Nebraska - but there was a time conflict and we would not be able to swing that. Lucky for me, the Pro Swim Series was coming to Mesa! That meant, so was Ryan Lochte, Michael Phelps, Missy Franklin, Nathan Adrian, Katie Ledecky etc...  TICKETS PLEASE!!!
I spent the day watching the magic not only in the pool, but in my sons eye. Slowly, watching the excitement and the love of the sport come back - YES!!! Thank you especially to Ryan Lochte, who was such a gentleman and amazing person, signing autographs, taking pictures with all the young swimmers that look up to him, and pausing long enough for me to really appreciate him.. I suddenly felt like a cougar on the prowl - I quickly sent Steve a message . Lol
Whatever it takes for you to get your SPARK back - just do it. Never give up on a dream, no matter the setback. GO after your dreams!!! YOU can do anything! 





No comments: