Saturday, April 25, 2015

The Last Song

I had another sleepless night and was channel surfing, when I came across the movie "The Last Song"  with Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus. I am not a huge fan of Miley Cyrus, but Liam, certainly grabbed my attention - He had his shirt off :)  For the next 2 hours, I watched this movie and cried. It touched me in such a way, I can not even explain. All the emotions I had about my father and his cancer all came back and I just let it all go.

I think back to the struggle my father went through battling cancer and how towards the end, his body was there, but he really wasn't. I thought about the girl who decided to die with dignity and I thought about all these decisions that have to be made and be made quickly. My heart goes out to anyone that is going through, has been through or knows someone going through this. CANCER SUCKS and when it takes a love one, it hurt deeps. The pain of losing my father, other family members, a close friend and a friends dog to CANCER never goes away ... BUT the one thing it can never take is the wonderful memories we created while they were here with us.

If you get a chance to watch the movie - drop me a line and let me know what you thought.

xoxo - I hope you live your life to the fullest EVERY DAY.  Joni


No comments: